Monday, April 27, 2009

How to make pizza on your grill

First make a crust. Preheat your grill to about 500 degrees F. I used a pizza stone on the grill because my grill had chicken schmutz from a bbq a few nights earlier. Roll the dough out thinly and cook on one side for about 3 -4 minutes, until it is lightly browned on one side.

Next, add your toppings to the un browned side. This is a pepperoni cheese pizza with home grown pickled jalapenos, here's me adding the tomato sauce. I use flavored tomato sauce rather than stuff that's labelled pizza sauce, because it's usually sweetened with corn syrup. Ugh.
I added the cheese and now the painstaking pepperoni process...
It's so laborious!


Two hours later I am still at it!


After I've added the jalapenos I slip the pizza back onto the stone and close the grill lid.


Nope, still not ready. Drat!! Oh well, let's have some more wine then!


After about 7 minutes it bubbly and crisp!

Et Viola! Pizza made on the grill! And Cheryl the answer is, a some cheap cabernet that Safeway had on sale...it was a very good week that week.










4 comments:

  1. I'm inspired! I'm not sure if I have a cheap Cabernet around, but HT had Barefoot for $5 and I have plenty of pinot (noir and grigot)...yes, enough to share, in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should have your own reality TV show?
    Cooking With C!

    Although, 2 hours to place pepperoni on the pizza! Puhlease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes!!! "Cooking Without a Kitchen", starring the fabulous Clarkles. Or maybe "Clarkles' Kitchenless Cooking". Either way, it would be a great reality/cooking show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels like I am on one of those Top Chef Quickfire Challenges. Padma says, "Now chefs you have to prepare a fabulous gourmet quality meal, but all you have to work with is a rock, a knife and 2 matches...now GO!

    ReplyDelete