Friday, May 15, 2009

What's the opposite of praying for rain?

We're doing the anti-rain dance.

Quick upd..

The brick masons finished the foundation on Wednesday.  It looks really good, they also finished the brick work around the new window that was installed upstairs.

Thursday, Commonwealth's project manager, Steve, worked to prepare the foundation for the building of the frame.   When they dug the hole for our addition, runoff from rainfall has no where to go but towards the house.  So, Steve worked with a subcontractor with a backhoe to dig out and level the work area.  Its a huge mess now.  There's a 6 foot pile of stinky muck next to the back door now.  Steve installed a French drain around base of the new foundation that will eventually send runoff to the side yard.  He also lined the new crawlspace with a plastic liner and about 6 inches of gravel.  

Last night, we had several ferocious storms blow through!  Steve had carefully protected the new crawlspace with a plastic tarp, held up by some 12 ft 2" x 4"s  The rain filled up the tarp with water, and formed a pool that was about a foot deep!!!  I told Steve that I didn't remember the water feature in Susan Pierce's design, that I could try to find some Coy to compliment it! 

He got a real charge out of that.

I am going on a business trip next week to Orlando, I will post pix before I leave. 

I hate leaving M in the middle of the destruction but it can't be helped.

S'all for now,

cc

3 comments:

  1. Hey Clark & Mike This blog was such a great idea!We can experience some of the "excitement" with you.It was so comforting to me for you to be in Tuscaloosa for a few days while I was beginng my rehab.I've been to 2 out patient therapy sessions now and seem to be progressing fairly well. If the swelling would go down it sure would make me feel better. I may try to go back to work on a limited basis week after next . I tested my ability to get on and off the dental stool yesterday and passed the test. Now if I can wean myself from pain meds I will I will be ready to go. Thank you again for being with me in T'town. I love you dearly, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels on your trip! It was good to see you guys last night at the play.

    Hopefully, it will be nice weather for awhile to help out with the renovation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping for drier weather! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete