Friday, May 15, 2009

Mmmmm....Pah-scetti

I fired up the Nesco Pressure Cooker, the gift from our buds, Joe and Markles, and made my signature Spaghetti meat sauce.

The cooker has a BROWN feature that allows you to pre-cook everything before you apply the pressure setting.  Here's my sauce recipe:

on the BROWN setting:
1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 pkg of fresh button mushrooms, sliced (you can get these pre-sliced and cleaned)
2 tsps of Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper

When the onions are translucent, ADD:
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
1 -14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 -6 oz. can of tomato paste

STIR until well blended,

Place the top on the cooker and lock into place.  Adjust to HIGH pressure setting for 7 minutes.  Release the pressure and serve over cooked noodles.  I cooked them outside on the grill burner, which is actually not a bad way to cook them, you don't have to worry about spills.  

Dinner was ready in about 30 minutes, including prep time.  I usually make this recipe in a slow-cooker, and allow it to simmer on LOW all day.  

This was my first time using a pressure cooker, and I was only a little nervous.  My mother had a stove-top model from Mirro that blew it's pressure valve once!  I think it's still lodged in the ceiling of her kitchen.

S'all for now.

CC

2 comments:

  1. You shouldn't post such photos unless you have enough for everyone.

    Bobby Brom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting the hang of it! And don't worry about the 'pressure'. If the lid isn't secured, it won't pressure up. Its perfectly safe! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete