Monday, August 31, 2009

The Burro Has Landed.


Yep. We haz slate.

M and I had an alarm system installed on Friday. Nothing at all against any of the folks we had working here...with the possible exception of Grampa Munster, but we think he was harmless, just creepy. We just felt more comfortable going with a more secure option.

Today, M calls me and said, " I don't have Alan's number and we need to tell him about the alarm system!!" We'd forgotten about telling him about it! I called his cell and he said he was sitting outside the house waiting for the slate and for our window to be delivered. He actually didnt need to go into the house, thank Providence, but if he did it may have been a mess.

I don't know if I have mentioned the window before. The window on the side of the house facing out to the deck was delieverd and installed and they determined that it wasn't tempered glass, which is 'code'. So they'd sent the wrong thing. The correct window was shipped and arrive right before we moved back in, but one of the panes was cracked, so Alan sent it back. So, now we have a complete window. WooHoo!

I hope he's going to be able to fix the fireplace before we leave!

Stay tuned,

CC




4 comments:

  1. Well the alarm system will prevent me from busting in and doing my laundry! Drat! Foiled again!

    Wait! Did I just post this? OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, will you have the slate installed while you are away? We are so happy the middle pendant is aglow. Three's definitely not a crowd in this instance. Can't wait to see the fireside scene, candles flickering, pots simmering, flames warming. So THIS is heaven! M

    ReplyDelete