Thursday, August 27, 2009

2 down, 1 to go...

I have no idea what this .gif file means but it somehow spoke to me.

We have a working dishwasher now. Alan B was able to stop the leak, we re-christened it last night without incident. Whew. That's a relief.

The innards for the middle pendant over the breakfast bar arrived, and Alan installed them, so now all 3 pendants light up when you flip the switch. We practically wept with gladness.

Sometimes, it's the little things.

There are several minor things left on the punchlist, but the biggie is the slate surround for the gas fireplace. Which is still not done. No word yet on when the burro will arrive with the slate. The poor thing was last seen in outer-darkness Kentucky, laden down and plodding along.

Stay tuned.

S'all for now,

cc

6 comments:

  1. Its hard to believe they didn't cancel that order and purchase the slate somewhere else by now.

    Glad your life is full of light now. I imagine when Alan fixed the pendant you burst into an extemporaneous chorus of Debbie Boone's smash hit "You light up my life", right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you should have considered Italian travertine marble instead of Weslh slate?

    Kurt

    ReplyDelete
  3. No...more like Madonna's "Ray of Light"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog! I came across it whilst (fruitlessly) searching for Ikea Kubist instructions as I want to dismantle and reassemble my unit. You don't by any chance still have the instructions do you? I would be eternally grateful if you could share them online please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank the Saints for the Third Illumination. Does it actually provide more light, or is it sorta like lipstick on the perfectly made-up face? Love, M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, No, I do not have instructions for Kubist assembly. They were actually pretty easy to assemble, it was the bases that we were concerned about. I would recommend using wide masking tape, tape each peice, and mark the tape with where the peice came from, so that if it gets shuffled you know where it went originally. I also had scant information to go on when we decided replace the bases. Cheers, and Good luck!

    ReplyDelete